Product Name: Philips Airfryer XXL
Capacity: 3 lb, for 4/5 persons
Item Weight: 19 pounds
Where to buy: Amazon CLICK HERE
My “Easy to use” – ranking: 4,5 out of 5 stars
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive payment at no cost to you!
Prepare your favorite foods with 90% less fat than a classic fryer. Not only you can fry your food with this air fryer, you can also grill, roast and bake your favorite meals and snacks. Your food will be just a crispy as fried food. This is a fantastic solution for people who are following a low-fat diet.
I purchased the Philips Airfryer XXL myself a few weeks ago and decided to write a review about my experiences with it so far. In this Philips Airfryer XXL Review, I will discuss how well it works, how durable it is, some minor drawbacks with it, and where to get the best deal when you buy it online. By the end of this review, you should have a good idea whether the Philips Airfryer XXL is right for you.
How does it work?
The Philips Airfryer XXL can cook (almost) all your favorite foods with a minimum of fat. This way you can enjoy healthy food with a maximum of flavor. Whether you want to prepare meat, fish, vegetables, desserts or pastry, you can use it for anything.
There are various accessories that go with the Airfryer, not all of them are included when you buy it. In my case, the original packaging came with a basket with removable mesh bottom and a fat reducer.
The airfryer contains a powerful heating element and motor, which, together with the Twin Turbostar Technology, makes the hot air swirl like a tornado through the machine and around your food. This not only makes your food nice and crispy, it also extracts the fat out of the foods and captures it down at the bottom of the fat reducer.
The product itself is easy to handle. Everything can be prepared by following the next steps:
- Pull the handle to slide out the basket
- Put your foods in the basket following the instructions (see below for more explanation)
- Press the on/off button.
- Turn the quick control button to choose the type of food
- Press the quick control button and chose the cooking time
- Press the quick control button to start cooking
- If you want to enter your own temperature and cooking time, you can do so by simply pressing the icons, followed by pressing the quick control button to start cooking
- When you need to turn food half-way through the cooking process or you want to check how far it is cooked, you can interrupt the cooking process by pressing the quick control button.
- Once the food is ready, you will hear an end signal.
The user instructions were very clear and easy to understand. For each type of food is described:
- how much of it fits in the airfryer, for maximum quality and flavor of your food, never put more in it than the instruction guide says
- how long it needs to be cooked
- which temperature you should use
- if you need to turn the food half-way through the cooking process
- special instructions (whether you should add oil, how you recognize if the food is ready, etc.)
Of course, the possibilities with this product seem almost too good to be true. But does it actually work as advertised? The rest of this review will be devoted to my experiences with using this product
My Experiences With The Philips Airfryer XXL
I had heard so much about it! I have joined the WW Program a few months back, and within the “Connect” part, where people share their experiences and progress, a lot of people were talking about the airfryer.
After days of research and reading product reviews, we decided to give it a go. As we are a family of 4, the normal size airfryer seemed a bit small for us. So we choose the XXL version.
I was very impatient to receive the product and start experimenting with it. When it finally came, I was impressed with the size of it. Off course, I took the XXL version, but still, the box was huge!
Since I have purchased this product, I have used it for many dishes, though mostly fish, poultry, vegetables and bread. It is easy to use and has a big enough content to put a whole chicken in it! (One of my favorite foods!)
What I also like about it, is that you can put all the accessories in the dishwasher! On the other hand, it takes up a lot of place in it, but that is really nagging on a high level.
To make it easier for you, I have made an overview of the pro’s and con’s of the airfryer according to my personal experience as well as comments I have read in other people’s reviews:
- Many possibilities for different meals and snacks
- Easy to use
- Big enough for a family of four
- It has a nice design
I Don’t Like
- It is a large machine on your kitchen worktop
- Accessories fit in dish washer, but take up quite some space
When you like your food fried and crispy but with as less fat as possible then I can absolutely recommend this product to you. Especially because it has so many options besides just frying! I was positively surprised, as I did not expect this. I have tried several recipes from the recipe book I received with my order, and there are even more recipes to download with the Philips Airfryer App. All you have to do is download the app, select your airfryer and off you go. You get tips and tricks, shopping lists and over 200 recipes!
The Muffins and Baking accessories and the Getting Started Cookbook